Tuesday, December 30, 2008

PCLinuxOS N1PTT-TR5

Recently PClinux annouced that their new beta distro for 2009. I have downloaded the OS and tested on my new Aspire One 150. right from the start the OS recognized the atheros wifi card installed and within a minute I'm good to surf.

Sound and vga also were detected flawlesly which enables me to listen to music and set the compiz fusion along with emerald theme manager. The card reader also will detect automaticly once a memory card inserted. The only downside of this OS is if you have left any memory card on it's card reader, it won't be able to boot at all.

Bluetooth does not work in this disto as the necessaries application/drivers not loaded in the beta testing version. After enabling the repositories address and adds the bluetooth application i have no issue connecting my usb bluetooth. I'm sure bluetooth apps will be pre installed in the full release version of this distro like it's predecessor (pclinux os 2007).

No comments: