Saturday, May 1, 2010

Celcom and Maxis mobile Phone Plans


I always been very loyal to a telco provider. It has been a few years I have not reviewed my mobile phone package plan. Only due to my last billed I decided to review it and found out that my old package is totally obselete and is not cost saving. And so I downloaded my monthly usage to Excel and try to incorporate the 3 months data to a new plans currently in the market.


So the above is my findings, currently I am on Celcom Corporate package where I will enjoy the RM50 Monthly Access rebate. The above data are extracted from Calls (60 seconds per block) and SMS usage only, in order for easier calculation. As shown on the Chart the best savings for me is most probably Maxis Value Plus 50 or Celcom Exec 50. I definately need to chang my plans or may be telco provider.

Maxis Value Plus 50 package are as follows


Below is the Celcom Exec 50 package



Although the on my chart above it shows that Value Plus this is because Value Plus package diffrentiate charges for calls/SMS to same and other network. This diffrence had slight advatanges if you refer to my usage charts, but be aware of that Celcom Exec 50 have discounted rate between 10%-30%. I reckon that if your overall bill is RM70 then you will be discounted by RM7.

What this means is Celcom Exec 50 will outrun Value Plus package if your monthly usage is RM60 and above. I do not have any connections with neither telco, this is only my findings based on my current 3 months usage. All packages pictures were obtained from respectives telco websites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if u ask me, i would prefer Celcom

because it flexible, when u use more u can save more. when u use little nothing to lose.

in my experience, our phone usage never fixed to certain amount every month. for example, when on festive session the usage might increase, etc. u might never know sometime your usuall rm50 or rm60 usage could end up rm100 next month (perhap u got new bisnes and have to call lot of people). at least with celcom u will given discount on that.

plus, flat rates to any network is really helping to save, with maxis control only 40% of market share, and celcom + digi + other control over 60% of market share, u cannot expect u only make most of your call to maxis number only

and other point, celcom still offer the widest coverage, until now when i going back to my hometown during hari raya, as usual celcom still got the most clearest signal everywhere.

just my opinion